Time to get spooky on with some fall and Halloween makes! Our friendly Sizzix Spider is too cute to spook and perfect for you and your little ones to have fun in the making. With little material required this simple yet effective project is great for engaging adults and children alike. Gift this lovely little guy to someone or keep him in your home ready to impress those Trick or Treaters.
How to make:
- Starting at the short end of a sheet of black cardstock, create accordion folds. Unfold and position the creased cardstock in the opposite direction of the vertical blades of the Summer Lantern Bigz die. Die cut. Out of black cardstock, die-cut 2 of the 3 3/8" circle and out of white and orange cardstock one each of the 3 7/8" circles from Circles, Scalloped Framelits die set. Additionally, from black cardstock, die-cut the letters and exclamation point spelling out the word “EEK!” from the Hand Drawn Alphabet Thinlit die.
- Hand cut out of white cardstock, 2, 1/2” circles for the eyes, punch a smaller hole to create eyeballs. Alternatively draw in the eyeballs with a black pen.
- Using glue, adhere the scalloped circles, graduating in size: Top set: black on top, white on bottom. Bottom (base) set: White on top, black in middle black, orange on bottom.
- Adding to the base (the orange, black and white set) use glue to adhere the word “EEK!”.
- Below the eyes at the center, punch 1 hole for ribbon. Thread a ribbon loop through the hole. Tie a knot underneath.
- Adding glue to the edges of the top of the spider, adhere the assembled scalloped circles with eyes/ribbon. Repeat with bottom “EEK!” base. Allow to dry.
- Firmly accentuate the pre-folded accordion crease lines, to enable spider’s legs to “collapse and stretch out easily.
Thank you for reading this How To Halloween blog, we love to see your kids craft spooky creations! Tag us in your makes using the hashtag #MySizzixStory.