Mixed Media Floral Card
Hi Everyone! I want to bring a bit of fun and color into your lives today and extend the summer as long as we possibly can with this beautiful mixed media floral card!
I wanted to show you a great way to combine a few of our new Effectz range products to create a fun mixed media card, where the skills and techniques could easily be transferred into many other makes.
You Will Need...
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (660200) or Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine (660850) or Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (662220)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Spring Flowers (665101)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 8PK - Confetti Pocket (665069)
- Sizzix Clear Stamps 9PK - Everyday Sentiments (665199)
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 3/4", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix Effectz - Creamy Matte Acrylic Paint, Agave, 60ml (664552)
- Sizzix Effectz - Creamy Matte Acrylic Paint, Green Tea, 60ml (664547)
- Sizzix Effectz - Creamy Matte Acrylic Pain, Lavender Dust, 60ml (664545)
- Sizzix Effectz - Creamy Matte Acrylic Paint, Limoncello, 60ml (664546)
- Sizzix Effectz - Creamy Matte Acrylic Paint, Mango Tango, 60ml (664554)
- Sizzix Effectz - Creamy Matte Acrylic Paint, Primrose, 60ml (664541)
- Sizzix Effectz - Expand Paste, White, 150ml (664570)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Embossing Ink Pad, Clear (663012)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Express Glue 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Opaque Embossing Powder, Gold 12G (664699)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (663474)
- Sizzix Surfacez - 6" Mixed Media Board White and Grey 10PK (663891)
- Sizzix Tool - Heat Tool, Dual-speed (663386)
- Cardstock (White)
- Craft mat
- Paper Towel
- Paper Trimmer
- Palete Knife
- Stamping block
- Firstly, die cut the elements from the Spring flowers die using the mixed media board.
2. Die cut the circle confetti elements from white Cardstock and use this as a stencil to apply the expand paste onto the Spring Flower die cut elements using a palette knife.
3. Remove the stencil and wait until the expand paste is completely dry (around 1-2 hours). You can also apply the expand paste all over some die cut elements to create a contrast between textures.
4. Once the expand paste is dry, use your heat tool to apply heat to the surface until the paste puffs up and expands.
5. Using the creamy matte acrylic paint, apply color to each element using a paintbrush. You can stick with my color choices or change it up to suit you.
6. Before the paint completely dries, rub a paper towel over the raised areas to remove some of the pigment in just those areas to create a two tone effect.
7. Use a paper trimmer to cut a folded piece of Mermaid Kiss Cardstock 15cm x 15cm and a piece of white cardstock 14cm x 14cm.
8. Use foam tape and express glue to adhere the elements to the white piece of cardstock. You can layer the foam tape to raise some elements higher than others.
9. Stamp your chosen sentiment into a clear embossing ink pad, then firmly press it onto the white cardstock next to your flower arrangement.
10. Sprinkle gold embossing powder over the stamped sentiment and shake off any excess.
11. Use the heat tool to apply heat to the embossing powder until it starts to melt and change color.
12. Finally, adhere the white square onto the Mermaid Kiss folded card base using an adhesive roller.
Thank you for reading this blog, remember to tag us in your makes using the hashtag #mymakingstory.