How to make a Christmas Tree Card
Get ready for Christmas and start your crafts with this Christmas Tree Card Idea.
Other Supplies: Spray Water Bottle, Ruler, Paper Trimmer, Artist's Sponge, Ivory Cardstock, Access to a printer or sentiments.
- Begin by cutting some black card so that it fits within your embossing folder.
- Spray both sides of the card with water using a spray bottle. Let the water soak in for 30 seconds before running through the Big Shot Machine. Follow the directions on the Multi-Purpose Platform for the correct sandwich for embossing with a 3D textured embossing folder.
- Take an artist’s sponge and spray twice with water to make it very slightly damp. Spraying twice is perfect as if the sponge is too damp the drag technique will not work as the paint will water down.
- Apply a small amount of Green Tea and Hibiscus Sizzix Creamy Acrylic paint to your craft mat. Take a small amount of one color onto your damp sponge. Starting at the top of the embossed card, quickly drag downwards so that the paint picks up the raised elements of the emboss. Repeat this, adding in some streaks of hibiscus, until satisfied with the coverage.
- Once the paint is dry, apply some gold and silver Sizzix Lustre Wax to the embossed surface. (tip: Lustre wax should be applied in tiny amounts and built up. From the pot, apply some to your finger tip, then take off the excess on a disposable piece of scrap card so that there is a minimal amount on your finger. Then lightly apply to the surface keep building up until satisfied with the effect).
- Now trim your embossed element into a square measuring 3 inches x 3 inches (7.5cm x 7.5cm)
- To create your card base, print your Christmas sentiment on a sheet of ivory card stock, close to the bottom right of the page when landscape. Using the Sizzix Curl and Crease tool and a ruler, create a crease line to the left of the sentiment and fold the card in half, then trim to size using a paper trimmer top the sentiment is equal distance from each side of the card front. My card base measures 5 inches x 4 inches (12.7cm x 10.2cm).
- Finally, use Sizzix Foam Tape to adhere your square, embossed sentiment. This will add dimension to the element. And now your card is complete.