Paper Village #2 Home Decor Display
Create a Christmas wonderland in your home this season! Get inspired with this Paper Village #2 Home Decor Display idea!
Theme: Holidays & Celebrations
Other Supplies: Brayer, Smooth Gray Cardstock, Craft Mat, Driftwood, Palette Knife.
- Die-cut out of gray cardstock all of the desired walls and roofs to create buildings from the Paper Village #2 die set.
- Position the detail dies (the windows and doors) over the walls where desired and secure the into place with Maker’s Tape to ensure accurate registration when passing through any of the Big Shot machines.
- Fold along the crease lines on the walls and roofs using the Fold & Form tool to ensure crisp, clean creases.
- Blend the Creamy Matte Acrylic Paints on a craft mat using a palette knife. Once all of the colors are prepared, flatten out the die-cut elements and apply the paint using a brayer. Total coverage is not required and allows for a pleasing textured finish.
- Once the paint is dry, assemble the building and adhere the elements together using liquid adhesive.
- With a palette knife, apply a layer of Expand Paste to the top of a piece of driftwood.
- Set the assembled houses in to the Expand Paste while it is still wet. To create the appearance of snow, apply Expand Paste around the edges of the roofs and door canopies with a palette knife.
- Sprinkle white glitter onto the Expand Paste while it is still wet and set everything aside to let it dry for a couple of hours.
- To activate the Expand Paste use a Heat Tool on the highest setting across the areas where the paste is applied to create a dimensional effect.