Floral Jar Wall Art
Florals are always a must to brighten up any home, and with our latest releases this project is a must!
Theme: House & Home
Other Supplies: Dye Ink Pads (Aqua, Blue, Brown, Orange and Yellow), Frame, Paper Trimmer, Scissors
- Cut a panel of Arctic Sky cardstock sized to behind the photo mat of a chosen frame. With the Blending Tool, ink a shaded background into the center area of the panel with a chosen shade of blue ink.
- Die-cut from Banana Blast, Caramel Toffee, Mint Julep, Sorbet and White cardstock a desired variety of flowers, flower centers, leaves, branches, stems and varying heart sizes from the Jar of Flowers die set. Additionally, die-cut out of silver Texture Roll one jar outline, one label and one set of jar lid details and out of Arctic Sky cardstock one small jar and one jar outline from the same die set.
- With the Blending Tool, ink the edges of the various die-cut florals and foliage with chosen ink colors that create tonal contrast with the selected cardstock color. Ink the Arctic Sky jar die-cut with various shades of blue ink to create the appearance of water. Additionally, ink the bottom two-thirds of the Arctic Sky jar outline with the same colors to create a continuation of the appearance of water.
- To create lifelike dimension, paper sculpt the various flower petals and leaves with the gray molding pad and stylus tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
- Layer the petals as desired into a variety of flower stacks. (Note: This project shown highlights 14 separate flowers.) Adhere each stack together with liquid adhesive. With scissors cut the berries off on some of the die-cut branches and adhere them to another set of branches. (Note: The project shown has three separate branches.)
- Center and adhere the inked jar die-cut with liquid adhesive towards the bottom of the Arctic Sky panel. Adhere the two silver jar details to the top of the jar where you would see the natural twisting portion of a jar lid. Cut off two-thirds of each die-cut flower stem and adhere the stems in varying angles directly below the silver details. Layer the stems in a way that appears natural to how flower stems would appear in a vase. Place a desired number of beads into the center of the area of the jar die-cut. Remove the adhesive backing behind the jar dome and place it firmly around the perimeter of the jar die-cut. To secure the beads inside the dome, run a stylus tool head around the top of the adhesive to create a firm bond between the paper and the adhesive on the jar dome.
- In a desired floral arrangement, group the various stacked flowers and branches in layers directly above the Arctic Sky jar and adhere all elements into place with liquid adhesive and foam tape. The foam tape will allow for areas of dimension that create a lifelike appearance.
- Cut off the top lid portion of the silver jar outline and adhere it directly to the same area on the Arctic Sky jar outline. Adhere the jar outline into place around the jar dome with liquid adhesive. Adhere the silver label to the top of the jar dome with foam tape. Center and adhere two hearts to the top of the label with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere various small sequins around the flowers in the floral arrangement with liquid adhesive.