How to make a Bold Alphabet Birthday Card
Need some birthday card inspiration? We have the latest using some of our latest collection.
Theme: Birthday & Party
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" panel of white cardstock and fold it in half to create a card base. Cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel of white cardstock and back it with an adhesive sheet.
- Center the top panel from the Floral Lattice die set on top of the adhesive-backed white cardstock panel. To assist in a clean cut for the intricate die, die-cut the design into the white panel using the Chrome Precision Base Plate. Follow the directions on the base plate to create the proper sandwich to run through the machine. Trim the edges of the die-cut panel until an even border is cut around the intricate design.
- Cut a panel of Mint Julep cardstock sized to the same dimensions as the die-cut white panel. Remove the adhesive backing on the white panel and adhere it to the Mint Julep panel. Center and adhere the pieces to the card front with double-sided tape.
- Die-cut out of Lavender Dust cardstock the letters ‘B, D’, out of Cherry Blossom cardstock the letters ‘I, A’, out of Banana Blast cardstock the letters ‘R, Y’, out of Mint Julep cardstock the letter ‘T’ and out of Sorbet cardstock the letter ‘H’ from the Bold Alphabet die set. Die-cut out of Rose Gold Texture Roll the word ‘happy’ from the Script Sentiments die set.
- Cut 1" x 4" a strip of Cherry Blossom cardstock and a 3" x 4" panel of white cardstock.
- Align the die-cut letters along the bottom edge of the small white panel to spell the world ‘BIRTHDAY’ and adhere the letters into place with liquid adhesive. Adhere the cut Cherry Blossom strip directly above the letters and adhere it into place with double-sided adhesive. Center and adhere the word ‘happy’ on the Cherry Blossom stripe directly above the world ‘BIRTHDAY’ with liquid adhesive.
- Center and adhere the white panel directly on top of the intricate card front with foam tape.