Want to add some layering into your making, then this new die set from Tim Holtz Colorize is just perfect for that! As seen within this project, you can create the most amazing festive card with that layering effect.
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Rusty Hinge, Squeezed Lemonade), Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Stock (8" x 8", Classic), Water Spritzer
- Cut and fold a piece of white cardstock to a desired card base size.
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all chosen elements from the Snowscape, Colorize die set. (Note: With Colorize die sets, there are suggested colors etched on the back of each die to assist with ease of assembly.) Additionally, for ease of assembly it is recommended to die-cut the various elements from cardstock with adhesive sheets attached to the backside of the cardstock. Assemble the die cut elements together.
- Cut a rectangle of white cardstock slightly larger than the area covered by the assembled Colorize die. With the Blending Tool, ink the edges of the panel very lightly towards the middle of the panel with Squeezed Lemonade ink (leaving the middle white). Lightly ink the corners of the panel with Rusty Hinge ink. Spray the inked panel once with a water spritzer and set it aside to dry. This will give it a lens flare effect.
- Adhere the assembled Snowscape elements along the bottom edge of the inked panel so that the area above gives the effect of a sunset. With the Squeezed Lemonade ink, lightly ink any white areas on the Snowscape die cuts that are faced towards the sun.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock the “love” phrase from the Occasion Phrases die set. Adhere the sentiment to the right-hand side of the inked panel, above the die cut scene, with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a rectangle from Cobblestone cardstock to create a small border around the inked panel. Center and adhere the inked panel to the Cobblestone panel with liquid adhesive.
- Cut another rectangle, the same size as the Cobblestone panel, from a mustard yellow cardstock. With liquid adhesive, adhere the yellow panel to the folded white card base at a diagonal angle.
- Adhere the main panel on top of the yellow panel with foam tape, positioning it at the opposite angling as the yellow panel below. The yellow panel should show from the corners.