Hessian flower Journal
Create your own journal using our large stem die, simple yet it makes the beautiful diary/journal.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Mountboard, Hessian fabric, Mod Podge (Matte), Assorted Acrylic paints, Twine, Wooden button, Crop-a-dile
- Cut a rectangle of mountboard slightly larger than the area of the Wrapped Journal die.
- Use Mod Podge to cover both sides with hessian fabric and seal with another coat of Mod Podge and leave to dry.
- Die-cut the cover of the journal from the hessian covered mountboard.
- Attach hessian fabric to another piece of mountboard and use to die-cut the flower before sealing with Mod Podge.
- Use acrylics to paint the flower and cover in your chosen colours and allow to dry before sealing with a further coat of Mod Podge.
- Insert and secure your chosen pages/notebooks into the journal and attach the flower to the front cover.
- Use a Crop-a-dile to punch small holes into the cover either die of the flower stalk near the base and use a length twine to thread a wooden button in place.
- Wrap the rest of the twine around the journal to secure.