Fabric covered Journal
This makes the perfect journal or diary. Make your own now with our wrapped journal die.
Theme: Words & Phrases
Other Supplies: Mountboard, Iron, Brass fastener, Leather thong, 0.3 fine line marker, Alphabet stamps, Black ink pad
- Cut a rectangle of mountboard slightly larger than the area of the Wrapped Journal die.
- Cut a rectangle of pink patterned fabric of the same size and apply Iron-on adhesive roll to the reverse side, remove the backing and iron onto the mountboard.
- Repeat the second step attaching the grey striped fabric to the other side of the mountboard.
- Cut several smaller strips, squares and rectangles of assorted patterned fabrics and back each with the adhesive before ironing in place over the striped fabric to create a patchwork effect.
- Place the mountboard/fabric onto the Journal die patchwork side down and die-cut the journal cover.
- Use a fine line marker to apply the faux stitched effect by using a staggered hand motion.
- Stamp the word ‘journal’ onto a panel on the face of the cover in black ink.
- Insert and secure your chosen pages/notebooks.
- Add a brass fastener to the cover and tie a length of leather thong around the fastener before wrapping the rest around the journal.