Create your own Christmas home décor with our latest Chapter release.
Other Supplies: Acrylic Paint (White), Craft Mat, Patterned Paper (Woodgrain Effect), Natural Twine, Palette Knife, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Assorted Colors), Scissors, Shadowbox Frame (Rustic, 7" x 7"), Tim Holtz idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon, Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Stock (8" x 8", Classic), Water Spritzer
- Die-cut out of a brown shade of cardstock the pine cone from the Pinecone Bigz die. Apply a brown ink directly to a craft mat, then spray the ink with water and dip the die cut shape into the ink to pick up portions of the ink color.
- Once dry, bend out the detail elements on the pine cone and apply a brown Distress Ink to the edge of the detailed elements with a Blending Tool.
- Die-cut out of desired green shades of cardstock the leaf and fronds from the Festivities Bigz die. Repeat the inking techniques from step 1 with chosen shades. Arrange and adhere together the pine cone and the leaf and fronds into a desired grouping with liquid adhesive.
- Apply desired ink colors to the crinkle ribbon and then tie the bow into a ribbon. Trim away the excess ribbon not wanted.
- Attach the bow to the top of the pine cone with hot glue. Tie a piece of natural twine into a double bow and adhere it to the center of the ribbon bow on the pine cone.
- Water down some white acrylic paint and splatter the paint onto the assembled die shapes with a palette knife.
- Cut a panel of patterned paper to fit inside the shadowbox. Adhere the pine cone to the front of the glass on the shadowbox where desired with hot glue.