Spooky Sillhouette Boxes
Want some inspiration for Halloween this year, if you are looking for some treat boxes, this project is perfect!
Other Supplies: Gilding Wax (Bronze)
- Die-cut out of black cardstock two box lids, two box bases and one spider from the Box, Spooky Silhouette die set. (*Note: Do not fold along the score lines at this stage, as they will be utilized again in a later step.) Additionally, die-cut out of gray cardstock one framed spider’s web from the same die set.
- Center the square Framelits die, from the Box, Spooky Silhouette die set, on top of one of the die cut box lid and die-cut an opening into the lid. Repeat the same process on the the other die cut box lid. This will allow the spider web elements to show through once assembled in a later step.
- Fold along the crease lines on both box lids. Adhere the folded box lids together with liquid adhesive, by placing glue on the necessary tabs and overlapping the die-cuts to create one solid, 3-D box lid.
- Fold along the crease lines on the two box base elements. Assemble and adhere together the elements with liquid adhesive to create a solid, 3-D box base.
- Apply bronze gilding wax to the die cut spider element and then adhere the spider to the middle of the spider web with foam tape.
- On the interior side of the box lid, adhere the die cut web to the underside of the box lid opening, by placing liquid adhesive along the edges of the die cut spider web frame. The web will then show through from the die-cut square window on the lid.
- Fill the box base with desired treats or toys and place the lid on top of the box.