Vintage Décor Frame
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Need some more home inspirations, for all of you vintage lovers her is the perfect project for you.
Themes: Basic Shapes
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Décor Frames
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Garden Greens
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 21PK - Small Tattered Florals
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool
- Sizzix Accessory - Ink Pad & Acrylic Block
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller
- Sizzix Accessory - Curved Fine-Tip Tweezers
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets
- Sizzix Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml
- Sizzix Surfacez - Mixed Media Board, 6" x 13", White and Gray, 10PK
Other Supplies: Patterned Paper (Wood Grain), Acrylic Paint (Black & Other Colors Of Choice) , Brayer, Craft Mat, Ink Pads (Brown, Yellow), Paintbrush, Paper Trimmer, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad (Light-Color), Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint, , Shadowbox Frame (8 in. Square), Sponge, Stamp (Calligraphy Style), Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Dolls, Water Spritzer, White Gesso
- Cut an 8" x 8" panel of wood grain patterned paper to fit inside the shadowbox frame and adhere in place with double-sided tape.
- Cut a 7" x 7" panel of black cardstock. With the distressing tool head, distress the edges of the black cardstock with the Multi-Tool.
- Apply a light-colored oxide ink to a craft mat and wet the ink with a water spritzer. Dab the black cardstock into the ink until a desired patterned is achieved. Set aside to dry.
- Apply white gesso to the craft mat and roll the brayer through the white gesso. Apply the gesso with the brayer across a chosen stamp design. Strategically stamp the design onto the black cardstock where desired.
- Die-cut out of gray mixed media board two frames from the Décor Frames Bigz die. Paint each frame with black paint and set aside to dry.
- With yellow ink, blend ink across a piece of white cardstock in a desired pattern. Spritz the ink to created a blotted effect and set aside to dry. Once dry, die-cut out of the inked cardstock a variety of florals and foliage from the Small Tattered Florals and Garden Greens die sets. Layer and adhere the florals into various stacks with liquid adhesive.
- On a craft mat, place two to three different colors of chosen acrylic paint. With a slightly damp sponge add a small amount of one paint color to the square décor frame. Run the sponge along the edges of the frame a few times until the desired result is achieved. Repeat the same process with the other chosen paint colors and set aside to dry.
- On the oval décor frame, cover the frame with crackle paste. Once dry, paint over the frame with desired paint colors.
- Arrange the frames and paper dolls as desired in the center of the frame. Adhere the elements down in the frame with liquid adhesive. Arrange the florals and foliage in amongst the décor frames with foam tape and liquid adhesive.
- Print off a desired sentiment on cardstock and each word or phrase down to a desired size. Ink the edges of each cut piece with brown ink and adhere them in the scene with foam tape.
- Adhere the black cardstock to the patterned paper in the frame with double-sided adhesive.