Feathered Friends Card
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Let your creative ideas soar with this Feathered Friends Card.
Themes: Birds & Insects
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK – Feathered Friends
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets
- Sizzix Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool
- Sizzix Accessory - Ink Pad & Acrylic Block
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller
Other Supplies: Patterned Paper, Ink Pads (Browns, Yellows), Label Maker, Paper Trimmer ,Stamp (Assorted Designs), Stamp Sentiments. Stapler
- Cut a desired sized card base panel out of ivory cardstock. Fold the panel in half to create a horizontal standing card.
- With the Blending Tool, faintly blend chosen inks into the center area of the card front as desired.
- With the same inks, stamp chosen designs on top of the inked area on the card front. (*Note: A compass and water rings style stamp were used on the sample.)
- Die-cut out of various patterned papers and desired cardstock colors all of the elements from the Feathered Friends die set. With liquid adhesive, layer and adhere all of the die cut elments together to create two birds.
- Cut a desired rectangle shape panel from a piece of patterened paper. Adhere the panel to the front of the card, where desired on the card front, with double-sided adhesive. For additional texture, randomly staple parts of the panel to the card base.
- Layer and adhere the two birds towards the bottom, right-hand corner of the rectangular panel with liquid adhesive (or foam tape if dimension is desired).
- With a label maker and a stamp, create your sentiment of choice. Cut each word down into a rectangle. Directly to the left of the birds, attach the rectangular sentiments with a stapler (or foam tape if dimension is desired).