Create something different this year, and what a magical and fun project this is.
Themes: Birthday & Party
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK – Balloon
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller
- Sizzix Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Scissors, Liquid adhesive, Frame
- Using pink cardstock, die-cut several large balloon frame pieces. The more you cut, the fuller the balloon will appear. Keep one of the solid balloon pieces you will be left with after the frame is cut. This will form the base of the balloon.
- Trim a sheet of cream cardstock to fit the frame.
- Use the Sizzix Adhesive Roller to position the solid balloon piece onto the cream rectangle. Place it fairly high to leave room for the balloon string.
- Using mint cardstock, cut two bows from the die set.
- Using grey cardstock, cut the wavy balloon string from the die set.
- Using pink, yellow, mint and purple cardstock, cut out some of the confetti from the die set.
- Use the Sizzix Adhesive Roller to apply glue strips to the back of all of the balloon frame pieces. Fold each of the frame pieces in half.
- Position one half of the first frame piece around the edge of the solid balloon shape. Then adhere the free half to half of another frame piece. Continue sticking together the frame pieces until the final one. Stick that one down around the other side of the solid balloon piece to create the fanned 3D effect of the balloon.
- Use liquid adhesive to position the two bows and the string at the base of the balloon.
- Continue using the liquid adhesive to arrange the confetti randomly around the balloon.