Cutout Leaves Card
Show someone you miss them with this new project.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Guillotine, Tim Holtz Distress ink and Sizzix Applicator, Cream Card, Kraft Card, Gold card, Pattern Maker's Wheel
- Take a sheet of kraft cardstock. Using your Sizzix Big Shot Machine, die-cut your chosen leaf element from the Cut Out Leaves die set.
- Using a guillotine, cut a rectangle shape around your leaf aperture and stamp your sentiment at the bottom using Sizzix black stamping ink. Tie a tin piece of twine between the bottom of the leaf and the sentiment.
- Distress the corners of this rectangle using Tim Holtz Distress Ink first in Antique Linen and then again more subtly in Walnut Stain. This will give an aged/burnt effect.
- Fold an A4 sheet of cream card in half and cut to your preferred size using a guillotine. using gray stamping ink, stamp your choice of patterns in a gray Distress Ink (see picture).
- Cut a rectangle of gold card roughly the same size. Run a pattern maker's wheel along the edges to create a stitched effect. Using PVA glue, stick this at an offset angle to the front of your main card element. Finally add your Kraft card element from step 2 to the front of your card using Sizzix Foam Tape. Again, offset this rectangle from the gold rectangle behind as shown in the picture.