Cutout Leaves Card
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Show someone you miss them with this new project.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 8PK – Cut Out Leaves
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Accessory - Ink Pad & Acrylic Block
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Guillotine, Tim Holtz Distress ink and Sizzix Applicator, Cream Card, Kraft Card, Gold card, Pattern Maker’s Wheel
- Take a sheet of Kraft Card. Using your Sizzix Big Shot Machine, die-cut your chosen leaf element from the Tim Holtz ‘Cut Out Leaves’ die set.
- Using a guillotine, cut a rectangle shape around your leaf appature and stamp your sentiment at the bottom using Sizzix black stamping ink. Tie a tin piece of twine between the bottom of the leaf and the sentiment.
- Distress the corners of this rectangle using Tim Holtz Distress ink; first in Antique Linen and then again more subtly in Walnut Stain. This will give an aged/burnt effect.
- Fold an A4 sheet of cream card in half and cut to your preferred size using a guillotine. using gray stamping ink, stamp your choice of patterns in a gray distress ink (see picture).
- Cut a rectangle of gold card roughly the same size. Run a pattern maker’s wheel along the edges to create a stitched effect. Using PVA glue, stick this at an offset angle to the front of your main card element. Finally add your Kraft card element from step 2 to the front of your card using Sizzix Foam Tape. Again, offset this rectangle from the gold rectangle behind as shown in the picture.