Bottled Up Card
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
A new die from Tim Holtz which can be used in many ways even within cardmaking as seen in this project.
Themes: Vacation & Travel
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Bottled Up
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Cream Cardstock, PVA Glue, Gray board, Thick string, Piece of paper
- Using your Big Shot Machine die-cut the ‘Bottled Up’ Bigz Die from gray board and white cardstock. Use PVA glue to stick the cardstock to the gray board.
- Using Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in your choice of colors, ink the bottle elements. I have left the white card beneath more visible at the same point on each bottle. This gives a 3D shine effect. Wrap thick string around the neck of one or more of your bottles.
- Using a spray bottle, spray your colored bottles and leave to dry to give the speckled effect.
- Fold a piece of A4 cream card in half and cut to your preferred size. Distress the corners using antique linen to give a worn effect.
- Stick down your bottle elements as shown below. The middle bottle can rest on the bottles each side of it to leave room for the rolled parchment.
- Apply the same technique to a smaller rectangle and stamp your chosen sentiment on the front as shown below.
- Use Sizzix foam pads to attach the smaller rectangle with the sentiment to the front of your card. I chose to have this at a slightly offset angle.
- As on the card, apply distress ink to a piece of paper and use a script style stamp to give the effect of a message on a scroll. Roll this up tightly and stick in place behind the middle bottle using PVA glue.