Falling Hearts Card
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Share the love with this versatile new die by Tim Holtz.
Themes: Decorative Elements
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK – Falling Hearts
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Tim Holtz Distress inks, White card, A stamp of your choice or a computer and printer, PVA Glue
- Using a computer and printer (or a stamp) print a decorative sentiment on a piece of white card. Make sure to print this so that when the card is folded and cut to size, the printed sentiment is positioned as shown.
- Cut a smaller recangle of white card. Use multiple shades of Tim Holtz Distress Ink. (I used Ripe persimmon and Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed) blend from the darker color to the lighter.
- Use a spray water bottle to spray water on the inked area. Let this dry to create a speckled effect. A piece of kitchen paper can be used to dab some of the color away from the sprayed area.
- Using the Big Shot Machine die-cut the Falling Hearts die set from the inked rectangle of card.
- Using Sizzix Foam Tape, stick the die-cut inked piece of card to the front of the card so that they meet as shown.
- Take some of the small die-cut heart elements and stick them to the front using PVA Glue. Stick the darker hearts to the lighter areas and vice versa.