Alphanumeric Birthday Card
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
The perfect birthday card!
Themes: Birthday & Party
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 123PK – Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 146PK – Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Gilding Wax, Choice of Stamps, Kraft Card, Cream Card, PVA Glue, Your choice of Stamp Sets.
- Using the Big Shot machine, die-cut all the letters for your sentiment from the Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Uppercase die set.
- Cut a small rectangle from dark gray carstock to frame the sentiment. Apply ink to the corners of the rectangle using Tim Holtz Distress ink (I used Black soot and added rusty hinge to create a rusted effect).
- Using a guillotine, cut very thin strips of black card to stick along the edges, creating a raised rim around your rectangle as pictured. Cut a folded A4 piece of cream card to your preferred size. Also cut a small square of Kraft Card to go behind the sentiment as pictured below. Stick this to the middle of your card in an offset position.
- Apply a very small amount of silver gilding wax to your finger and lightly apply to the raised letters and rim of the sentiment element. Add a small amount of bronze.
- To give an aged effect, use Tim Holtz Distress Ink, (Antique Linen and Walnut Stain) on the corners of your folded card element.
- Use the Walnut Stain Distress Ink with your choice of Tim Holtz stamp sets to add a Mixed media look to the face of your card. I used an architectural style stamp. Tip: it is a good idea to stamp this on scrap paper first to take off excess ink. Otherwise the stamp may appear too bold.
- Using Sizzix Foam Pads, stick the Birthday sentiment to the front of your card as shown.
- Use an embossing pen and Sizzix Silver Embossing Powder to create the corner bolt effects. Set this using a Sizzix Heat tool.