Just Ducky Quilt
Westminster Fibers was born out of a collaboration between a fledging yarn company in the West Yorkshire region of England and two gallery owners. Since its inception, Westminster Fibers has become one of the most respected yarn companies in the hand-knitting yarn marketplace and has expanded into printed fabrics. With a wide assortment of fabrics, yarns and needlework kits plus many brand distributorships, Westminster Fibers offers tremendous value to every quilting or needleart enthusiast.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create a quilt that takes rubber duckies to the hilt. It's fun. It's easy. And it's a great way to make a stylish splash in any row of squares. This darling quilt is a great weekend project and it can be made with new yardage or strips.
Artist: Cindy Surina, Guest Quilter
Themes: Quilting & Appliqué
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
|1/3 yd||Yellow duck print||Cut (8) 5" Squares|
|1/3 yd||Light blue water print||Cut (7) 5" Squares|
|1/3 yd||Dark blue duck in waves print||Cut (7) 5" Squares|
|1/3 yd||White umbrella print||Cut (8) 5" Squares|
|1/4 yd||White||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1/4 yd||Yellow print||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1/4 yd||Blue||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1 yd||White umbrella print||Cut (4) 3 1/2" wide Strips|
Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips for binding
|36" x 40"||Backing fabric|
|36" x 40"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 34" x 38 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange the 5" Squares in a pleasing manner, 5 across by 6 down.
- Sew 5 blocks together to form a row. Repeat to form 5 more rows.
- Sew the 6 rows together to form the quilt center.
- Sew the 1 1/2" white border Strips to the sides of the quilt center first, then sew the top and bottom border Strips. Sew the 1 1/2" yellow print and blue border Strips to the quilt in the same manner.
- Sew the 3 1/2" white umbrella border Strips to the sides of the quilt first, then sew the top and bottom border Strips.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.