Hungry for inspiration? This Picnic Blanket offers plenty of creativity for a truly stunning spread beyond be-leaf.
Other Supplies: Fabric (Blue Polka Dot, Green, Teal, White, Yellow, Yellow Gingham), Iron, Needle, Pom-Pom Trim (White), Sewing Machine, Thread White
- Iron a piece of iron-on adhesive to each type of fabric except the white.
- Die-cut the multiple flowers from the Flower Layers #15 die out of the gingham fabric, the flower centers out of the yellow fabric.
- Die-cut different sizes of Wild Leaves out of the teal, polka dot and green fabric.
- Cut two large circles out of the white fabric.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the fabric die-cuts. Place the flowers and leaves randomly onto one of the white circles, scattering evenly from the middle to the edge. Iron in place.
- Stitch up the center of each leaf with white thread.
- Pin the right sides of the white circles together, sandwiching the pom-pom trim between the layers at the edge, with the pom-poms facing inwards.
- Sew around the edge with white thread, fixing the trim in place. Leave an 8" gap open.
- Turn the blanket right side out through the gap and close the opening with hand stitching.