Layered Pine Card
Make dimensional layers and create your own 3-D card.
Other Supplies: Hessian, Assorted acrylics and paintbrush, Black gesso, Natural twine, Sentiment Charm – idea-ology, Ivory card, Grey board/mount board
- Cut a piece of grey board large enough to cover the die and attach a piece of rough hessian fabric to one side using a suitable strong adhesive and set aside to dry.
- Place the board hessian side down onto the die and cut both pieces of the Layered Pine tree.
- Apply black gesso to the face of both pieces making sure you get deep into the hessian texture.
- Choose two contrasting green acrylics, one dark and one light and add a little of each to a craft mat.
- Apply the greens to the die-cuts using a dry brush technique allowing the black to show through between the gaps in the texture.
- Mount both die-cuts together and wrap with natural twine before adding the sentiment charm.
- Create the sentiment at the foot of the base card using a stamp or your PC and printer before mounting the assembled tree in place.