Winter Phrases Card
Growing up in a family of artists, Katelyn has been drawing ever since she can remember. As a graduate from California State University, Fullerton, Katelyn received her B.F.A. in Illustration. Throughout her career, she has worked as a graphic designer and freelance illustrator. Her style is whimsical, colorful and laced with delicately patterned details. When she is not designing products for Sizzix, Katelyn spends her free time painting children's book illustrations and blogging about her art adventures.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
It is never too early to start your card making for Christmas, this project is fun to get your hands onto.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Clear Stamps - Winter Phrases
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles
- Sizzix Accessory – Permanent Pens, 12PK (Assorted Colors)
- Sizzix Accessory - Ink Pad & Acrylic Block
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies:PVA Glue, White Card, Brads, White Ink
- First, fold your card using the Sizzix® Making Essential – Purple Cardstock, Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007).
- Cut a rectangle of white card to fit slightly smaller.
- Die cut x2 purple circles using the Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK – Circles (657551). Make sure they are both slightly different sizes & stick in the centre of the white rectangle.
- Now using the Sizzix® Winter Phrases (663614) die, stamp the gingerbread in Sizzix Accessory – Black Ink Pad (663006) around the die cut circles.
- Then, using white ink stamp the noel in the centre of the purple die cut circles.
- Add red brads where desired.
- Using the Sizzix Accessory – Permanent Pens, 12PK (663056) add colour to the gingerbread men.
- Finally, add washi tape to the bottom of the card.