Merry & Bright Holly Card
Create this simple, yet beautiful Christmas card.
Other Supplies: Ivory and black card, Gilding wax (gold and bronze), Distress Inks (Aged Mahogany, Ripe Persimmon, Abandoned Coral, Walnut Stain, Evergreen Bough, Forest Moss, Broken China), Craft mat, Water mister – Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, Distress Splatter Brush
- Spritz clean water onto a piece of black card to soften the fibres thereby creating a much smoother and deeper emboss. Place the card into the Holly Impresslits embossing folder and pass through your machine. Remove the die-cut/embossed shape and leave to dry.
- Apply bronze gilding wax to the holly to pick out and enhance the embossed detail. Apply a little gold gilding wax to create further contrast.
- Cut a rectangle of ivory card from which to create the coloured background by blending together a selection of Distress Inks finishing with the Walnut Stain around the edges. Spritz the background with clean water and set aside to dry naturally.
- Apply some of the ink pads directly onto a craft mat and spritz with clean water before splattering some of the ink onto a pre-printed/stamped ivory base card.
- Mount both the background and holly onto the base card.