Wild Leaves Geometric Cushion
Bring tropical vibes into your home with this sponged tropical cushion.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Fabric (Mint, White, Light Grey, Dark Grey), Grey thread, Mint Fabric Paint, Sponge, Inner cushion, Sewing Needle, Sewing Machine
- Die-cut each Wild Leaf from the die set on to a separate piece of stencil film to create three stencils.
- Use the stencils to sponge paint the mint fabric paint onto the white fabric to make a random pattern of Wild Leaves.
- Once dry, cut the patterned white fabric into an isosceles triangle (8" x 20" x 20").
- Sew one of the longer 20" edges of the patterned triangle to the edge of the light grey fabric (right sides together).
- Repeat this step but, sew the opposite 20" edge to the dark grey fabric.
- Iron the seams flat.
- Cut a 16" x 16" square from both the assembled fabric and plain white fabric.
- Now pin both of the cushion cover panels together, along three sides ensuring the patterned side of the cushion cover faces inwards and sew using a 1/4" seam.
- Turn the cushion cover the right way around and iron the open edge inwards with a 1/4" seam.
- Put in the inner cushion into the cushion pad.
- Hand sew closed.