Show the love around your home with this mixed media heart frame.
Theme: Decorative Elements
Other Supplies: Mountboard, Kraft and ivory card, Bolt head brads, Picture frame, Gilding wax, Assorted acrylics, Black gesso, Text stamp and grey ink
- Die-cut the intricate lace from kraft card and attach to a rectangle of mountboard.
- Die-cut the heart from the lace covered mountboard.
- Cut a rectangle of mountboard on which to mount the die-cut heart and add the bolt head brads in the corners.
- Apply a coat of black gesso to the picture frame, rectangle and heart and leave to dry.
- Choose your acrylic colours such as Dark brown, red/brown, orange etc. and apply to the frame, rectangle and heart in a random fashion using a natural sponge.
- Die-cut two strips of the lace from ivory card and trim to size.
- Cut a piece of mountboard to fit within the frame and apply black gesso and leave to dry. Water down some aqua blue coloured acrylic paint and apply to the background in a dragging motion using a natural sponge.
- Use the same sponge to apply the paint over the heart and lace strips.
- To enhance the lace detail on the heart, apply some aqua blue paint using a dry brush technique.
- Attach the lace to the base of the rectangle before mounting the heart in place.
- Assemble the frame and use silver gilding wax to enhance some of the detail where appropriate.