Starting in kindergarten, Courtney found herself more attracted to finger painting than playing with toys. It was clear that a career in art awaited. After earning her B.F.A. in Illustration from Cal State Fullerton, she continued to paint, while being influenced by pop culture. As a Sizzix in-house designer, Courtney combines traditional drawing and digital technique to express her fresh, youthful style. Outside of work, Courtney works on her art and loves to visit Disneyland.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Peony
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Ivory and grey card, Distress Oxide Ink – Abandoned Coral & Cracked Pistachio, Adhesive Pearl, Water spritzer
- Print or stamp the sentiment onto a pale blue base card.
- Die-cut the petals to create the peony from ivory card together with the leaves and grey stamen.
- Use the Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide Ink to apply colour to the ends of the petals and spritz with clean water before leaving to dry. Repeat with the leaves using the Cracked Pistachio Ink.
- Use the tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit to add dimension to the die-cuts and assemble the peony before decorating the centre with a large adhesive pearl and mounting onto the base card.