Add to the cloud cushion project with this moon cushion.
Theme: Decorative Elements
Other Supplies: Grey fabric, Pink fabric Grey thread, Toy stuffing, Black embroidery thread, Pins, Hand sewing needle
- Cut a moon shape out of the grey fabric.
- Use this piece of fabric as a template for a second piece for the back of the cushion.
- In pencil lightly draw the eye and mouth onto the front piece of fabric.
- Hand stitch the eye and mouth using back stitch and the black thread.
- Iron on the iron on adhesive onto a small square of the pink fabric.
- Die cut a small circle out of the pink fabric for the cheek.
- Iron in place.
- Machine stitch the cheek in place.
- Pin the front piece of the cushion to the back piece, right sides facing.
- Machine stitch around the outside leaving a gap to turn the cushion inside out.
- Turn inside out so the wrong sides are now facing each other.
- Stuff with the toy filler using the stuffing tool.
- Hand sew the gap closed using slip stitch.