Get creative and have your very own pencil case tailored to you.
Theme: Decorative Elements
Other Supplies: 30cm white zip, White fabric, White thread, Sewing machine, Pins, Pen, Fabric Scissors
- Cut a piece of your outer fabric to 28cm x 30cm and one piece of your white inner fabric to 28cm x 30cm.
- Pin and sew your zip to the outside of your outer fabric (The side measuring 28cm) The zip should be facing down and the right side of the outer fabric facing up.
- Pin and sew the lining to the underside of the zip. The zip should now be sandwiched in between the lining and outer fabric.
- Pin and sew the outer fabric to the other side of the zip so the outer fabric should now be folded.
- Repeat this step for the lining.
- Arrange your fabric so the zip is central and in between the lining and outer fabric.
- Iron in place.
- Pin and sew the sides with a 1cm seam allowance.
- Using a pen measure and draw 3cm squares from the seam and the top and bottom. Cut them out of the fabric.
- Turn the pencil case inside out through one of the holes.
- Pin the open seams flat.
- Sew the openings shut with a 1cm seam allowance leaving the zip open.
- Zig zag stitch to secure the edges and trim any excess thread.
- Turn the right way.
- Thread a length of ribbon through the zip and secure with a knot.