Asymetric Cushion #1
If you are a sewing fan, this asymmetric cushion is perfect project to get your hands on.
Theme: Decorative Elements
Other Supplies: White fabric, Pink fabric, Sewing machine, White thread, Cushion inner (60cm x 40cm)
- Cut 2 rectangles out of pink fabric larger than the cushion inner by 1cm at each edge.
- Cut 6 geometric shapes out of 5 coordinating Sizzix fabrics and white fabric, and arrange to fill the rectangle, leaving an area of the pink fabric showing through at one end. Cut 2 of every geometric shape so each one has a front and a back.
- Pin together 2 matching geometric shapes right sides together, leaving a gap open. Sew around the edges leaving the gap open and then turn right side out. Sew the gap closed. Align the seams and press. Repeat this process with each matching pair of shapes.
- Arrange them all onto one of the pink rectangles and pin. Sew them in place as near the edges as possible for neatness. Trim any edges that continue off the edge of the rectangle.
- Place the two rectangles right sides together and pin, leaving one end open.
- Sew around the edges, joining the pieces together and leaving the gap open.
- Turn right side out.
- Insert cushion inner.
- Fold the edges of the end inwards 1cm and press.
- Sew the open end closed with invisible stitching.