Make your own cushion cover with this 3-D Daisy die and enjoy decorating your home with this project.
Other Supplies: White fabric, Light pink fabric, Darker pink fabric, Grey thread, Sewing machine, Iron-on adhesive, White thread, Pink thread, Cushion inner (40cm x 40cm)
- Iron the adhesive onto the white and dark pink fabric. Peel off the backing and fold the fabric. Iron again so you have two layers of fabric adhered together.
- Use this to cut out 2 white daisies, 3 dark pink daisies, 2 dark pink centres and 3 white centres.
- Cut out a square of light pink fabric, larger than the cushion inner by 1cm at each edge.
- Cut out a smaller rectangle in light pink ½ the length of the square (same width). Cut another rectangle 2/3 the length of the square (same width).
- Hem one of the longer edges of both rectangles.
- Assemble the daisies and hot glue to hold. Assemble the centres and hot glue onto the daisies – pink on white, white on pink.
- On the light pink square, sew 5 straight lines of different lengths from one edge in towards the middle in grey thread. Go over each line 6 times to make it appear more bold.
- Position the daisies at the tops of the lines. Using either white or pink thread, sew down some of the petals of the daisies to hold them in position and prevent the petals flopping when the cushion is propped up.
- Lay the smaller rectangles on top of the embellished square, right sides together, hemmed edges in the middle, and pin around the edges.
- Sew around the edges, joining the pieces together.
- Turn right side out.
- Insert cushion inner.