Create the perfect baby welcome gift or home décor item for your new bundle of joy's nursery with this project idea.
Other Supplies: Pearl Gems x2, Pink patterned fabric, Mini wooden pegs, White box frame, Grey card, Light pink card, Dark pink card, Mint card, Glue, Hot glue gun, Double-sided tape, White mat board, Craft knife & cutting board, Ruler, White string
- Die-cut the ‘S’ letter out of white mat board.
- Using the craft knife and ruler, cut a rectangle larger than the ‘S’ by 2cm at each edge out of the mat board to create a frame and a smaller rectangle.
- Wrap the fabric around the cut out rectangle and hot glue to hold. Use the hot glue to fix it onto the back of the frame at the centre.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue a stripe of glue at each corner of the mat board frame. When this has cooled, repeat the process. Continue doing this until you have five layers of glue. Then glue it onto the back of the photo frame, with the fabric piece at the centre, the mat board frame raised up at a height with the layers of glue.
- Die-cut out the baby grow and bird in light pink card. Die-cut the baby grow detail and shoes in dark pink card. Cut out the bib and dungaree pocket in mint. Die-cut the dungarees in grey.
- Glue the detail onto the baby grow and add two pearls as buttons at the neck.
- Glue the bird onto the bib, glue the pocket onto the dungarees.
- Hot glue one end of the string onto the back of the photo frame, bring it round the front and glue at the back on the other side so it crosses the top quarter of the ‘S’.
- Peg the baby grow , bib, dungarees and shoes to the string.
- Put the back of the frame into place and close the clasps.