Large Stem Cushion
This Large Stem Cushion will add the finishing touch your home décor.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Cream Fabric, Grey Fabric, Cream Thread, Mint Thread, Dark Pink Thread, Light Pink Thread, Iron on Adhesive, Sewing Needle, Scissors, Cushion Inner
- Iron the iron on adhesive to the back of the grey fabric.
- Using the Large Stems die, die-cut four of the leaf shapes, three of the singular flowers and two of the double flowers from the adhesive-backed fabric.
- Cut two 16" x 24" rectangles out of the cream fabric.
- Arrange the die-cuts on the longest edge of one of the cream rectangles, at the bottom, and iron into place.
- Sew round the leaf shapes with mint thread, the singular flowers in dark pink thread and the double flowers in light pink thread.
- Put the two cream rectangles right sides together, and pin in place.
- Sew round three of the edges with a 1/4".
- Cut the corners, making sure you don’t snip through the threads you’ve just sewn.
- Turn the right way around.
- Iron the open edge inwards a 1/4".
- Put the inner cushion into the cushion cover.
- Sew the open edge closed with the cream thread.