When Lynda isn’t creating new designs for Sizzix as a Senior Product Designer, she can be found creating in her studio. With a degree in Graphic Design, she’s also a life-long artist/maker who has experimented with everything from watercolor and wood carving to quilting and silk screen printing. Throughout her career, she’s designed innovative packaging, book/magazine designs and advertising, but her passion has always been making art. You can follow Lynda’s creative adventures at LyndaCreates.com.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This window box overflows with hollyhocks and ivy and has windows that open with an embossed stone look—all created using a single Impresslits Embossing Folder that cuts and embosses at the same time.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Diamante gems, Glue, Foam squares
- Fold the white cardstock to form a card and trim to desired size.
- Cut a rectangle in light yellow cardstock to fit the card.
- Cut out several flowers in light pink, dark pink, dark yellow and light yellow.
- Cut out several leaves in mint and aqua.
- Cut the windows out in white.
- Cut out the butterfly in blue.
- Cut out the bee in dark yellow.
- Use the paper sculpting kit to add dimension to the flowers and leaves.
- Pass the Impresslit through the machine with the yellow rectangle. Place the Framelit in the window placement on the now-textured yellow rectangle and pass through the machine again to create a hole.
- Glue the windows onto the yellow card.
- Layer and glue the flowers and leaves.
- Add diamante gems to the centre of some of the flowers.
- Glue the butterfly and bee in place on the flowers.
- Fix the yellow rectangle onto the white card with foam squares.