Retro-inspired shapes out of almost any material - chipboard, mat board, even mirrored cardstock - to add dynamic interest to all kinds of makes. Pair with the Atomic Elements Thinlits die set for out of this world makes.
Other Supplies: Assorted Acrylic paints, Mount board, Barbecue skewers and wood block, Hair putty
- Die-cut all the elements from mount board.
- Paint all the die-cuts using raw sienna (deep red/brown) acrylic paint.
- Use men’s hair putty as a resist and apply to the die-cuts where you want rust patches to appear.
- Paint the separate die-cuts using a 1950’s colour palette.
- Once the paint is dry wipe away the areas where the hair clay has been applied with some kitchen paper to expose the rust colour.
- Drill two holes into the wood block and insert the barbecue skewers before painting/distressing as before.
- Use a glue gun to mount the die-cuts onto the painted skewers.
- Water down some orange paint and apply to some of the die cuts with a brush so that it drips down the surface to mimic the effect of rust discolouration.