Girl Mouse Softee
Make your own adorable mouse softee as a gift or for you!
Theme: Food, Drinks & Cooking
Other Supplies: Cream Fabric, Pink Fabric, Floral Fabric, Frill Ribbon Trim, Pink and Grey Embroidery Thread, Cream Thread, Needle, Scissors, Stuffing
- To start your Softee you will need to die cut 4 arm pieces, 4 ear pieces, 2 body pieces, 2 head pieces, and 1 forehead piece, from the cream fabric. And 4 leg pieces from the pink fabric.
- With 2 of the leg pieces, put them right sides together and sew around the edge, making sure to leave the top of the leg is open for the stuffing. Repeat with the other two legs pieces, then stuff.
- Take 2 of the arms pieces, put them right sides together and sew around the edge, making sure to leave the top of the arm open for the stuffing. Repeat with the other 2 arm pieces, stuff them, and then sew the arms closed.
- Next, take 2 of the ear pieces, put them right sides together and sew around the edge leaving the bottom of the ear open for stuffing. Repeat with the other two ear pieces, then stuff them both.
- The ear pieces will now have to be sewn into the head pieces. Take one head piece and one ear, place the ear in the V cut out in the head, making sure they are right sides together, and stitch. Repeat with the other ear and head piece.
- Next take the head piece and line the forehead piece so the point of the forehead piece is at the tip of the nose. Sew along the edge, again making sure they are right sides together.
- Line the second head piece that same way as the previous, to the tip of the nose. Sew along the edge.
- Now the forehead is in place, you can carry on stitching the sides of the head pieces together. The ears will be on the inside, so once stitched, turn the fabric and ears the right way out.
- Stuff the head.
- Take your 2 body pieces, place them right sides together. Arrange the legs between the fabrics, and sew around the edge trapping the legs in place. Once turned the right way the legs should be trapped at the bottom of the body. Make sure the top of the body is left open for the stuffing.
- Stuff the body.
- The head and the body now have to be sewn together. Press the raw edges of the openings inwards. Then hand stitch the joins together.
- Hand stitch the arms onto the body.
- Embroider the mouse’s face features.
- Cut out a rectangle from the patterned fabric, double the length of the intended skirt. Sew the short sides of the skirt right sides together to form a loop. Turn right side out so patterned fabric is showing.
- Feed the bottom raw edge up through the loop to meet the top raw edge. Your skirt should now be the desired length for your mouse.
- Turn the raw edge inwards and press.
- Using a needle and thread, sew a large running stitch around your pressed seam, and pull to gather. Make sure the skirt fits around the mouse.
- Hand stitch the skirt to the mouse.
- To finish, add the ribbon trim to the top edge of the skirt with needle and thread.