OverviewThese cute succulent pots make for perfect handmade centrepieces. Simple, and on-trend!
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Felt x 4 Colours (2 Blues, 2 Green), Glue Gun, Scissors, Pot, Stones, Straw, Wire, Coloured Chalk, Plastic Cup, Pin
- First cut the succulents out of felt using the Succulent die. Die-cut 3 large, 4 medium & 2 small succulent pieces.
- Then, starting from the edges use the chalk to add depth to the felt pieces.
- Next, starting from the largest piece, stick the succulent pieces over one another in a staggered effect, until you have stuck all 9 pieces together. When you stick the smallest pieces together it is best to pinch these and then stick down to give the succulent a realistic effect.
- Then, cut 7 of the smallest succulent pieces out of green felt for the tall succulent. Cut the succulent leaves off so you are left with singular succulent leaves.
- Now, glue each succulent leaf vertically to the wire and build this up covering the wire.
- Cut 4 leaves using the Leaves die.
- Fill the pot with stones to the desired height of where the succulents will sit and cut a plastic cup in half and bury this into the stones making sure the bottom of the cup is sticking out of the stones.
- Then pierce 3 small holes for the wire to go into the cup.
- Then put the leaves flat over the stones and around the cup.
- Next, arrange the succulents as desired and stick some to the cup so they have height.
- Finally, to finish, add straw around the pot and tie in a bow.