New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Succulent
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Felt x 4 Colours (2 Blues, 2 Green), Glue Gun, Scissors, Pot, Stones, Straw, Wire, Coloured Chalk, Plastic Cup, Pin
- First cut the succulents out of felt using the Succulent die. Die-cut 3 large, 4 medium & 2 small succulent pieces.
- Then, starting from the edges use the chalk to add depth to the felt pieces.
- Next, starting from the largest piece, stick the succulent pieces over one another in a staggered effect, until you have stuck all 9 pieces together. When you stick the smallest pieces together it is best to pinch these and then stick down to give the succulent a realistic effect.
- Then, cut 7 of the smallest succulent pieces out of green felt for the tall succulent. Cut the succulent leaves off so you are left with singular succulent leaves.
- Now, glue each succulent leaf vertically to the wire and build this up covering the wire.
- Cut 4 leaves using the Leaves die.
- Fill the pot with stones to the desired height of where the succulents will sit and cut a plastic cup in half and bury this into the stones making sure the bottom of the cup is sticking out of the stones.
- Then pierce 3 small holes for the wire to go into the cup.
- Then put the leaves flat over the stones and around the cup.
- Next, arrange the succulents as desired and stick some to the cup so they have height.
- Finally, to finish, add straw around the pot and tie in a bow.