Unicorn Tassel Cushion
The ultimate homemade gift or décor for the perfect princess party!
Other Supplies: Square paper template (42cm x 42cm), White cotton for cushion front (50cm x 50cm), Patterned cotton x2 for cushion back (40cm x 50cm), Cushion inner (42cm x 42cm), Patterned fabric pieces x12 (16cm x 16cm), Sewing machine, Iron-on fusible web, Fabric scissors, Tassel trim, Fabric pen/pencil
- Back the 12 pieces of patterned fabric with iron-on fusible web and die-cut unicorns using machine and die.
- Using the paper template and a light pencil line, draw your square centrally on the white fabric. Cut around the drawn line leaving a 1/4" hem. Flip fabric over.
- Peel off all backing from your patterned fabrics. Position unicorns (with horns and hair) within the square using the image as a guide. Iron into place.
- Take the 2x patterned fabrics for the back of the cushion, sew a 1" hem on one 50cm side of each piece.
- Lay one of the two pieces down on work surface, hem end at top and right side up.
- Overlap the next piece towards the top of the one laid down by approx. 15cm, ensuring hem is at bottom and right side up. Pin to secure.
- Now lay over the front fabric piece, right side down, ensuring that the overlap is centred horizontally.
- Pin together.
- Cut back fabric to match front fabric.
- Take tassel trim and pin to very edge of the square between the two layers of fabric, ensuring that the tassels are facing inwards.
- Sew into place as close to edge as possible and through only front side of the cover.
- Bring edges together again and pin, ensuring again that the tassels are trapped inside the fabric. Sew along drawn line. This can be tricky so take your time. Turn right side out.
- Insert cushion inner.