OverviewThis snowflake sign is the perfect addition to your Christmas home decor!
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: String and twine, Paper, Pallet wood, Assorted acrylics and sponge applicator, Spray adhesive, Assorted card, Water, Glue gun, Adhesive glitter gems, Paint brush, Adhesive foam pads
- Create the sign from strips of old palette wood.
- Die-cut the letters to make up the phrase ‘SNOW PLACE LIKE HOME’ from thin scrap paper omitting the two ’O’s as these will be a snowflake for each ‘O’.
- Attach the die-cut letters to the wood using repositionable spray adhesive leaving space for the snowflake ‘O’s.
- Apply white and pale blue acrylic over and around the die-cut letter masks using a sponge applicator to blend the colours and peel away the letters before the paint is completely dry.
- Wrap lengths of various types of twine and string across the top part of the sign as shown.
- Die-cut two silver glitter snowflakes and two more snowflakes from different shades of green card.
- Die-cut three small and one large flower from cream card and soak in clean water for about 20 seconds.
- Pat the flowers dry with kitchen paper and place the end of a thin paintbrush into the centre of one of the flowers before forming the flower by wrapping it around the shaft of the paintbrush.
- Open up the flower and leave to dry before repeating with the other three.
- Use adhesive foam pads to secure the silver snowflakes in place and add an adhesive glitter gem in the centre of each.
- Die-cut the pretty climber die from silver glitter card and glue beneath the string together with the two green snowflakes as shown.
- Mount the flowers together and die-cut a couple of leaves before attaching to the base of your flowers. Mount the flowers in place on the sign using a glue gun.