Dining Room Pouches (Large Pink & White)
Add some colour to your dining room with these storage pouches!
The assembled pouch measures approximately 20cm x 20cm x 25cm ( 8" x 8" x 10").
Theme: Basic Shapes
- Fabric 1 - 110cm x 20cm plain white
- Fabric 2 -110cm x 35cm pink multi print
- Fabric 3 - 110cm x 25cm grey multi print - for lining
- Wadding -110cm x 25cm
- Thread for piecing and quilting
- All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated
- Seam allowance is 6mm (1/4")
- All fabrics are cotton
- RS - right side
- WS - wrong side
- Fabric 1 - using machine die-cut 16 triangles.
- Fabric 2 - Cut one 21.5cm square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 82.5cm x 6.2cm for top border. Using machine die-cut 16 triangles.
- Fabric 3 - Cut one 21.5cm square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 82.5cm x 26.5cm for sides.
- Wadding - Cut one 21.5cm square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 82.5cm x 26.5cm for sides.
How to Assemble:
- Stitch pink and white triangles, RS together, along diagonal sides to make 16 squares.
- Stitch 4 squares, RS together, to make a larger square block - make 4.
- Stitch the 4 blocks, RS together, for the pouch sides.
- Stitch the top border, RS together, to the pouch sides.
- Layer wadding and sides, RS up, pin or tack and then quilt as desired.
- Stitch the side seam, RS together.
- Layer the wadding and orange squares together and quilt as desired.
- Stitch the quilted bottom to the sides, RS together.
- Stitch the lining sides, RS together, leaving a 10cm opening in the middle of the seam.
- Stitch the lining button to the sides, RS together.
- Stitch the lining to the pouch, RS together, matching the raw edges
- Turn RS out through the opening in the lining side.
- Slip stitch the open edges together
- Tuck the lining inside the pouch and turn edge over to create a cuff.