Dining Room Pouches (Small Orange & White)
Add some colour to your dining room with these storage pouches!
The assembled pouch measures approximately 10cm x 10cm x 12cm (4" x 4" x 4 3/4").
Other Supplies: Fabric 1 – 75cm x 15cm plain white, Fabric 2 – 90cm x 15cm orange and white print, Fabric 3 – 60cm x 20cm grey multi print - for lining, Wadding 60cm x 20cm, Thread for piecing and quilting
Notes: All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated, Seam allowance is 6mm (1/4"), All fabrics are cotton, RS - right side, WS - wrong sideCutting:
- Fabric 1 - Cut 24 triangles with machine.
- Fabric 2 - Cut one 11.2cm (4 1/2") square.
- Using machine die-cut 24 triangles.
- Fabric 3 - Cut one 11.2cm (4 1/2") square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 43cm x 12cm.
- Wadding - Cut one 11.2cm (4 1/2") square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 43cm x 12cm.
- Stitch orange and white triangles, RS together, along the diagonal edge, to make 24 squares.
- Using the photo as a guide stitch the squares together into 3 rows of 8 squares.
- Stitch the 3 rows, RS together, to make pouch sides.
- Layer wadding and sides, RS up, pin or tack and then quilt as desired.
- Stitch the side seam, RS together
- Layer the wadding and orange print squares together, and quilt as desired.
- Stitch the quilted bottom to the sides, RS together
- Stitch the lining sides, RS together, leaving an 7cm opening in the middle of the seam
- Stitch the lining button to the sides, RS together
- Stitch the lining to the pouch, RS together, matching the raw edges
- Turn RS out through the opening in the lining side.
- Slip stitch the open edges together
- Tuck the lining inside the pouch and turn up edge to create a cuff.