Design your own cushion covers using this vintage die as a stencil!
Theme: Basic Shapes
Other Supplies: Fabric, Fabric Paint, Die-Cut Stencil Sheets, Masking Tape, Foam Applicator, Sequins, Needle and Thread/Sewing, Machine, Cushion Pad
- Die-cut the doily shape from a stencil sheet.
- Attach the stencil to a piece of fabric using masking tape.
- Apply fabric paint to the stencil design using the applicator.
- Lift to reveal the stencilled image. Allow to dry.
- Repeat to create a panel containing three stencilled doily shapes as shown.
- Stitch two plain fabrics together either side of your stencilled panel to form the front of the cushion.
- Cut a second piece of fabric. This will form the back of the cushion.
- Lay the front and back of the cushion, right sides together, pin the edges together and then stitch with a 6mm seam - leaving an opening in one side.
- Insert cushion pad, and then slip stitch the open edges together to complete.