Add some style to your new home with this Feather cushion project!
Theme: Decorative Elements
Other Supplies: Assorted Fabric, Fusible Web, Needle and Thread/Sewing Machine, Iron, Cushion Pad
- Adhere fusible web to the reverse of your chosen fabric using a hot iron.
- Die-cut five large feather shapes and five small feather shapes from the fabric.
- Position the die-cut shapes onto a piece of fabric (approx. 44cm). Remove the backing paper from the fusible web and adhere the shapes using a hot iron.
- Stitch along the centre of each feather to add detail.
- Cut a second piece of fabric (approx. 44cm). This will form the back of the cushion.
- Lay the front and back of the cushion right sides together, pin the edges together and then stitch with a 6mm seam - leaving an opening in one side.
- Insert cushion pad, and then slip stitch the open edges together to complete.