Little Bird Cushion
Add some colour to your soft furnishings with this Little Bird cushion.
Theme: Birds & Insects
Other Supplies: Assorted Fabric, Fusible Web, Needle and Thread/Sewing Machine, Iron, Hollowfibre Filling, Lace Ribbon
- Stitch two fabrics together to form the front of the cushion
- Where the fabrics meet, stitch a piece of lace ribbon along the join to embellish.
- Adhere fusible web to the reverse of patterned fabric using a hot iron.
- Die-cut the bird shape from the fabric.
- Position the die-cut bird shape in the bottom right hand corner of the cushion. Remove the backing paper from the fusible web and adhere using a hot iron.
- Stitch around the bird shape to appliqué.
- Cut a second piece of fabric. This will form the back of the cushion.
- Lay the front and back of the cushion right sides together, pin the edges together and then stitch with a 6mm seam - leaving an opening in one side.
- Insert hollowfibre filling, and then slip stitch the open edges together to complete.