It's as easy as 1-2-3! Sizzix quilting dies create shapes that can be replicated thousands of times for any unique possibility … even a calculatedly creative quilt!
You Will Need:
Fabric 1 – 80cm mustard geometric print
Fabric 2 – 40cm orange floral print
Fabric 3 – 40cm mustard floral print
Fabric 4 – 40cm orange and white print
Fabric 5 – 20cm orange and white check print
Fabric 6 – 20cm jade geometric print
Fabric 7 – 1.5m plain white
Backing – 1.3m square plain or 2.6m cut and pieced to
make 1.3m square
Wadding – 1.3m square
Needle and thread for piecing
Finished size approx: 120cm (47") square
Block size: 30cm (11 3/4") finished
All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated
Seam allowances are 6mm (1/4")
RS – right side
WS – wrong side
All fabrics are cotton
Fabric 1 – Cut 5 strips across width of fabric for the binding using Strips die and XL 25" Cutting Pads
– Using 661649 cut 14 lozenges
Fabric 2 – Using 661649 cut 14 lozenges
Fabric 3 – Using 661649 cut 10 lozenges
Fabric 4 – Using 661649 cut 10 lozenges
Fabric 5 – Using 661649 cut 8 lozenges and 128 large triangles
Fabric 6 – Using 661649 cut 8 lozenges
How to Make:
- Stitch a white triangle to both diagonal sides, RS together, of all the lozenges to make squares.
- Using the photo as a guide, stitch 2 squares of fabrics 1 and 2, RS together, to make a square with a white diamond in the centre.
- Repeat 6 times to make 7 blocks.
- Repeat step 2, 5 times using fabrics 3 and 4, to make 5 blocks.
- Repeat step 2, 4 times using fabrics 5 and 6, to make 4 blocks.
- Lay the blocks out in 4 rows of 4 blocks, using the photo as a guide.
- Stitch the blocks, RS together, to make 4 rows.
- Stitch the 4 rows, RS together, to complete the quilt top.
- Layer the backing, RS down, wadding and quilt top, RS up, together, and pin or tack.
- Quilt as desired.
- Trim the wadding and backing to same size as quilt top.
- Stitch the binding strips, RS together, into 1 long strip.
- Fold in half along the length, WS together, and press the fold.
- Stitch the binding to the quilt, match the raw edges, mitre the corners and overlap the ends.
- Press binding away from the quilt top, fold over to the back, and slip stitch fold to the back of the quilt to complete.