Birdcage Gift Box
Give the gift of art! This detailed masterpiece showcases the beautiful perspective that Sizzix Thinlits dies bring to any gift-giving project.
Other Supplies: Plain Cream Cardstock, Selection of Colored Paper (Green, Orange, Gray, Light Pink, Dark Pink), Craft Knife, Double-sided Tape, PVA Glue, Twine
- Using the birdcage from the die set, die-cut two pieces out of the plain cream cardstock.
- Once the two pieces have been cut, fold along the crease lines and using double-side tape, carefully attach the folded flaps to create your bird house structure.
- You can decorate the birdcage using the elements you like, but for this particular birdcage gift box, the feather, bird branch and thanks have been used. Die-cut the feather using the orange cardstock. Die-cut the Thanks sentiment using gray cardstock. Die-cut the bird branch out of green, light pink and dark pink cardstock.
- To get the perching birds in different colors, you will need to use a craft knife and carefully cut the birds from light pink and dark pink die-cuts from step 3.
- Once both of the light pink and dark pink birds have been cut out, you will need to add PVA glue to the birds and carefully place on to the green branch detailing from step 3.
- Gather all of the die-cut elements and place together by wrapping brown twine around them and securing them to the birdcage with a bow.