Go wild with your next quilt. Sizzix quilting dies offer untamed creativity and perfect cuts in an instant, leaving you more time to quilt and less time to labor over your cuts.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|3.5m (4 yd)||Plain white cotton||Cut (1) 150cm x WOF for backing
Cut (120) arrows
|60cm||Coral floral print||Cut (5) 5cm wide Strips x WOF for the binding
Cut (6) pairs of mirror-image arrows
|(9) 30cm||Assorted colors||Cut (6) pairs of mirror-image arrows from each print|
|150cm x 120cm||Wadding|
- Finished Size: 144cm x 108cm (56" x 42")
- Read all instructions before starting the project.
- All seam allowances are 6mm (1/4") unless otherwise stated.
- All fabrics are 112cm (42") wide.
- Arrows = large parallelograms on the Darts die. Do not cut the smaller shape.
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Using the Placement Chart as a guide, lay out the arrows into 24 columns of 10 on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing. Fabric #1 in the chart is white, fabric #2 is the coral floral print and fabrics #3-11 are the assorted colors used.
- Sew two arrows, right sides together, along their 45 degree sides as seen in Diagram 1. Continue sewing arrows to this first unit until the first column is complete.
- Sew the rest of the arrows into columns.
- Press the seams open flat to reduce the bulk.
- Sew the columns together in number order, following the Placement Chart.
- Layer the backing, wadding and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Figure t
- Figure 1