Victoria Findlay Wolfe Quilts
Victoria Findlay Wolfe traces her love for quilting to her grandmother, Edla Wolfe, a "crazy quilter" whose patterns were ahead of their time. Victoria's series of Double Wedding Ring quilts are based on happy childhood memories with her grandparents. Victoria is also a teacher, lecturer, fabric and thread designer, blogger and author of the popular quilting books, 15 Minutes of Play and Double Wedding Rings - Traditions Made Modern.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Darts
|1/2 yd||Fuchsia punch solid||Cut (8) parallelograms
Cut (30) Darts
|1/2 yd||Magenta solid||Cut (8) parallelograms
Cut (30) Darts
|1/2 yd||Secret solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Taffy solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Aqua solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Cerulean solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Orchid solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Sherbet solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Orange solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Buttercup solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|44" x 49"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 38" x 43"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- Arrange pieces as desired, using the photo as a guide.
- Sew Darts together in pairs. Dart pieces are all the same, but are sewn in columns of either left-leaning blocks or right-leaning blocks (see Diagram A). Place darts right sides together and sew from point to point.
- Sew left-leaning columns and right-leaning columns (see Diagram B).
- Sew columns together, pinning at each intersection to match points. Press seams open to reduce bulk.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.