Whether you use the piecing Dart shape or the full Dart, the results are always stunning and full of fabric-playing illusions.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1/2 yd||Fuchsia punch solid||Cut (8) parallelograms
Cut (30) Darts
|1/2 yd||Magenta solid||Cut (8) parallelograms
Cut (30) Darts
|1/2 yd||Secret solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Taffy solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Aqua solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Cerulean solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Orchid solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Sherbet solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Orange solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1/2 yd||Buttercup solid||Cut (30) Darts|
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|44" x 49"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 38" x 43"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- Arrange pieces as desired, using the photo as a guide.
- Sew Darts together in pairs. Dart pieces are all the same, but are sewn in columns of either left-leaning blocks or right-leaning blocks (see Diagram A). Place darts right sides together and sew from point to point.
- Sew left-leaning columns and right-leaning columns (see Diagram B).
- Sew columns together, pinning at each intersection to match points. Press seams open to reduce bulk.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Figure A
- Figure B