Clutch Bag Adornment
Eileen grew up in a large art-loving family. She has applied her creative thinking to all sorts of life and career events – from adjusting to thirteen military moves and raising four children to developing popular craft product lines. In 2009, Sizzix launched her first ScoreBoards™ dies, specially designed to cut and score matboard and thicker materials. Eileen enjoys working with recycled materials and "treasures" from thrift stores, or even better, those found on the curb!View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Adding a personal touch to a fabric project has never been easier. Sizzix Bigz dies let you create your own fun fashion accessories. Just follow the step-by-step instructions below to style your own unique purse.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers w/Heart Petals
Other Supplies: White Satin Clutch Bag, White Organza Ribbon, White Voile Fabric, Stapler, White Feathers, Wired Pearl Accents, Silver Diamante Flower, Candle, Scrap of White Cardstock, Glue Gun
- Die-cut 12 large and 12 medium-sized Flowers from white voile. Take each die-cut Flower and carefully run each edge above the flame of a candle. This will both seal the edges and add dimension as it crinkles.
- Take three of the large voile Flowers and place one on top of the other. Fold the Flowers in half and half again before securing with a staple where they come to a point.
- Repeat the last step until you have four sets of Flowers. Take a piece of scrap white cardstock about the size of a fifty pence piece and attach the four sets point-to-point using a glue gun.
- Repeat the steps for the medium Flowers and attach each quarter into the centre of the large Flower to give added body and depth.
- Attach the feathers and wired pearl accents to the rear of the Flower together with a length of looped organza ribbon.
- Take the silver floral accent and attach it to the centre of the Flower using a needle and thread which can then be used to mount the assembled Flower onto the bag.