What could be better than flowers and a splash of pink? Customize this Summer Quilt with your favorite fabrics — just follow the easy instructions.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|2.5m||Solid white||Cut (1) 110cm square for the backing|
Cut (100) Half-Square Triangles
|Fat 1/4||Canary print||Cut (6) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Apricot Crepe print||Cut (5) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Lemonade print||Cut (7) Triangles|
|75cm||Lazy Daisy Raspberry print||Cut (5) 1 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding and ties|
|75cm||Lazy Daisy Raspberry print||Cut (6) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Pretty Posies Lime print||Cut (7) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Mod Pop Carnation print||Cut (6) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Triangularly Yours Carrot print||Cut (7) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Bloomery Nectarine print||Cut (6) Triangles|
- Finished Size: 100cm x 100cm
- All seam allowances are 6mm unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- Press the seams to one side as they are stitched.
- Fabrics used for this project are all by Art Gallery Fabrics — prints from the Tickled Pink collection by Jeni Baker, and plains from the Pure Elements collection
Assembling the Quilt Top:
- Sew a white Half-Square Triangle to each side of a colored Triangle to make a rectangle.
- Repeat until all white Half-Square Triangles are sewn to colored Triangles.
- Lay out the rectangles in rows, 5 across by 10 down, using the main photo as a guide.
- Sew each row together to make 10 strips.
- Sew the 10 strips together to complete the quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew four binding Strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- Sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt, mitering the corners.
- Fold the remaining Strip wrong sides together lengthwise and press a 6mm seam allowance to the wrong sides of all edges.
- Stitch the folded Strip together to make the tie. Stitch the tie to the middle of one side of the quilt.
- Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand.