With color as your inspiration, use Sizzix Quilting and Appliqué dies to create this perfectly cut masterpiece.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1 1/2 yd||Off-white solid||Cut (124) Kaleidoscope large triangles|
Cut (128) Kaleidoscope corner triangles
|1 yd||Chocolate brown solid||Cut (124) Kaleidoscope corner triangles|
Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|3/4 yd||Medium green solid||Cut (80) Kaleidoscope large triangles|
|3/4 yd||Yellow solid||Cut (80) Kaleidoscope large triangles|
|5/8 yd||Dark green solid||Cut (62) Kaleidoscope large triangles|
|5/8 yd||Red solid||Cut (62) Kaleidoscope large triangles|
|1/2 yd||Dark orange solid||Cut (48) Kaleidoscope large triangles|
|1/2 yd||Light orange solid||Cut (48) Kaleidoscope large triangles|
|3 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (2) 1 1/2 yd pieces|
|50" x 62"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 42" x 54"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- Press the seams open when making each block so there is less bulk in the center.
Making the Block:
- There are three different variations of the same block for the quilt. All are made in the same way. You will make the following quantities of the blocks:
Make 31 blocks that look like Diagram 1.
Make 20 blocks that look like Diagram 2.
Make 12 blocks that look like Diagram 3.
- Using the block diagrams as a guide, start by sewing the eight large center triangles together (on the long side). Sew them together in pairs first, then sew two pairs together. Finally, sew two of the four pieced triangle sections together to make the block center. Press after each step.
- Again refer to the block diagrams, add the corner triangles. Press.
Assembling the Quilt Top:
- The quilt has nine rows of seven blocks in each row. You will make the rows as shown in Diagrams 4 and 5.
Make five rows look like Diagram 4.
Make four rows look like Diagram 5.
- Starting with the top row, sew the rows together.
- Sew the two 1 1/2 yd pieces of the backing fabric together along the selvedge edge to make the backing.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Figure 1
- Figure 2
- Figure 3
- Figure 4
- Figure 5